The first time I checked anything One Piece related was - unfortunately - the massacred anime that was broadcasted in my country, so I didn't pay much attention to it. I remember reading up to the Skypiea arc a couple of months ago. Finally, thanks to a friend and the lovely people in Arlong Park I decided to finally catch up.
And boy, I'm glad I did.
I'll review both Naruto and One Piece from now on. I won't review Bleach, though. Probably because my comments would be pretty limited. "The guys are getting prettier and prettier", "man, I want that hair", "if Kubo is paying something to whoever does the backgrounds, I want that job", "Kubo, you troll", "BOOBIES!" and so on.
So after a 4 week hiatus to spend some - well deserved - time with his family and his baby, Oda comes back. People rejoiced. Don't panic, he's got this.
SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS
"2 years later" or "AWESOME STUFF HAPPENS."
- Cover has Hot Grandpa Rayleigh and older Luffy looking badass. Luffy apparently has a Big Damn Scar on his chest?
- Somebody calls Luffy.
- That poor hat. Two years on his own. This being One Piece, I bet enduring the elements for so long made the hat stronger too.
- So Oda tells us it's been two years since Ace died, Whitebeard died, Blackbeard pulled a huge Xanatos Gambit, Akainu became Undesirable Numero Uno for a good part of the fandom and shit went down. We are in the lovely deserted island of Rusukaina, Vacation Resort for Godzilla and his friends.
- Luffy reunites with his hat. That scar is distracting. I'm happy Luffy still doesn't know the meaning of "covering your chest in winter".
- Very happy.
- Marguerite tells Luffy that his ride is ready.
- Luffy's animal friends include the Cheshire cat in steroids, King Kong, Supergator and a Badass Lion.
- Said Badass Lion knows who is the boss, though. Don't roar at Luffy's friends. It's not polite.
- Sandersonia: So I see that the entire island is now your bitch.
- Luffy: Yeah, but now that they are my friends I cannot eat them.
- Hancock tells Luffy that he doesn't need to worry because she already loaded half the island supply on his boat. And she'd make a great wife. *hint hint nudge nudge*
- Luffy: I'm not going to marry you, but thanks!
- Hancock: *fangirls*
- Nyon: ...
- Sandersonia: Rayleigh went home to enjoy the beach a year ago so he must be waiting for you.
- Luffy: That's because I'm so awesome I ended up learning everything he could teach me in a year and a half.
- The Huge Monster squad says goodbye with tears in their eyes.
- Luffy: Allright, let's get this party started.
NOW FOR THE REAL COVER.
- If you compare the first cover to this one you can see how much
- So let's start with
- Next is Ussop, who looks buff, but I can't see much in this cover since the treasure is covering the body. I'm glad Oda didn't cut his hair and talking about hair...
- FRANKY, YOUR ACE VENTURA HAIR. T_____________________T HUGE ARMS. But the speedo is still there. Good. I can take the other changes as long as the speedo is still there.
- SANJI, YOU HAVE A LEFT EYE, WHO'D KNEW?
- I won't be able to look at Sanji anymore without picturing this >
- Nami looks great with long hair and I was going to say something else but her boobs are too distracting.
- Tiny tiny waist. .__.
- Robin looks more mature without
- Luffy didn't change much either. Except for the super scar in his chest. And the ladyshirt. Which I bet he took from Rayleigh's closet. I expect the obligatory rip the sleeves off scene in a near future.
- Chopper looks cuter, if that's possible, and he has a new hat! Where's his doctor hat? ;___;
- Finally Zoro, looking hot and badass and for a moment he scared me because I thought he had lost an arm but I see the third sword between Luffy's legs. Phew. He's missing an eye but that just makes him more badass.
WE START THIS CHAPTER IN THE SABAODY ARCHIPIELAGO
- It seems that the Pirates that have survived the first half of "Grand Line" are gathering
MEANWHILE IN SABAODREAM
- There's a super famous rock star who is so hot right now and his tickets are selling like panqueques.
- AND BROOK CHANNELS HIS INNER
- I don't know which is the best part of that outfit. The crownhat, the fabulous flowerpants, the heartglasses or that BOA.
- Brook is the James Brown of One Piece.
- wtf is wong with the managers' arms?
- When Brook has something to say, you shut your trap.
- Brook has more fans than Lady Gaga and Justin Whatshisname put together.
- Holy concerts, Batman.
- EVERYBODY IS SHAKING AND CRYING AND FAINTING DUE TO THE SHEER AWESOMENESS THAT IS BROOK.
- Best Anniversary Ever.
MEANWHILE IN SABAODY BEACH
- Sanji uses his Women Radar. Rejoices.
- Give the poor guy a break, these are probably the first girls he sees in 2 years.
- I love the Okamas.
- Sanji: I LOVE THIS PLACE. LADIESSSSSSS.
- Aaaw Sanji actually likes the Okama. Deep deep down.
- The Okama believe Sanji is going tsundere on them.
- Sanji: NAMI-SUAAAAAN, ROBIN-CHAAAAAAN. YOUR MAN IS BACK FROM HELL.
AAAND ON ANOTHER PART OF THE ISLAND, IN A CERTAIN BAR
- Barman: The Marines moved HQ. You know where?
- Nami: Right next door?
- Barman: They switched with their G1 branch. New Fleet Admiral orders. Right in front of the "4 Emperors" frontyard.
- I wonder
- Nami looks hot with long hair.
- Barman: Thanks to that, the number of lawless in the area has risen.
- Nami: I noticed this place is wilder than before...
- Somebody wonders if they heard right and this catches Nami's attention.
- I need a moment to compose myself.
- Luffy, baby, you really let yourself go.
- The fake!Franky i cant even
- Scratch that, all of them look hilarious.
- It seems the Strawhats pirates have been recruiting... and everybody is afraid of them because they believe they are the real deal.
- Fake!Luffy: So how many pirates have shown up so far?
- Fake!Franky: Not counting the strippers, I'd say 100... and we already recruited 3 pirate crews with bounties!
- The fake!Sogeking mask is making me giggle so hard.
- Fake!Luffy is happy they are managing to recruit strong people.
- But he could be happier, so he asks Nami to join the "cool" group.
- Nami: No, thank you. I'm waiting for a man.
- Everybody is shocked.
- Fake!Sogeking: Your man is gonna cry when he sees the Great Luffy. Now come here!
- Nami: NO U >(
- Everybody: *panics*
- Fake!Nami threatens Nami.
- Nami coudn't look less distressed if she tried.
- And from the shadows... A REAL MAN uses his portable mutant plants.
- Usopp: Now, lady, would you have a drink with a real man?
- I would!
- Nami: Usopp! YOU LOOK MANLIER!
- Somewhere in a beach, Sanji felt a disturbance in the force.
- Usopp: It seems you leveled up too. Comfyyyyyyyy <3
- Fake!Franky is jealous.
- Nami: So these are yours.
- Usopp: My new babies. I haven't been playing these past two years. I'M A MANLY MAN.
- Fake!Sogeking: You are the one who did this? >(
- Usopp: OMGWTFBBQ IT'S SOGEKING!
- Nami: -___- Let's go to another bar.
- Fake!Luffy: Where do you think you are going?
- Usopp: LUFFY?
- Usopp, baby, you need glasses.
- Fake!Luffy: BRING THEM BACK!
- Fake!Nami: What are these mysterious black bubbles?
- Seems Nami learned new ways to fry people is Skyland.
MEANWHILE IN SHAKKY'S
- Zoro was the first one to arrive. Either the world is ending or Milhawk made him leave 2 months earlier.
- According to Shakky, Zoro was first, then Franky (I WANNA SEE THE SHIP)
- Duvaaaaaaaaal 8D
- Sanji: I owe you one, man.
- Duval: You think I'm a beautiful man? <3 Just returning the favour. I was assaulted by rain, pirates, rabid monekeys, fangirls and then...
- Shakky: Then Nami came third...
- Sanji: NAMI-SUAAAAAAN WHERE IS SHE? *___*
- Sanji is going to have a heart attack when he sees Nami.
- Shakky: She was bored so she went shopping.
- Poor Duval.
- Shakky: ... then Usopp, then Chopper and then you.
- Sanji: NamisanNamisanNamisanNamisanNamisanNamisanNamisanNamisan
- Shakky: And Brook is doing some rock concert somwhere. So that's all of you except Robin and The Captain.
- Rayleigh and his sexy legs tell us is very difficult to get to this island and that he is happy the crew is getting back together.
- Sanji: I'm surprised you trained Luffy. His power must be over 9000 by now.
- Rayleigh: Well, I haven't seen him for half a year so...
- Sanji: I wonder what kind of growth Nami-san has done? *_____*
- Rayleigh: Are you even listening to me?
MEANWHILE ON ANOTHER PART OF THE ISLAND
- A mysterious man is looking for Robin.
- Hello there Robin.
- Robin heard about the concert, the Strawhats and Brook the Soul King. She wants to know WTF is going on.
MEANWHILE ON... well, you know...
- CHOPPER <3
- ...needs glasses. ASAP.
- So the other Strawhats notice Chopper is the real deal, so they are going to keep him.
- Fake!Chopper does not approve.
- So Fake!Robin offers Chopper a cucumbe....
- THAT PANEL. IS SO WRONG.
- So the kidnappers need glasses too.
- Chopper: THEY KIDNAPPED ROBIN! D:
- Meanwhile the real Robin wonders if she's late.
FAR FAR AWAY IN THE OLD MARINEFOLD
- The Marines are going crazy because the Straw Hats are back.
- Hilarity will ensue.
AND BACK AT SABAODY.
- Fake!Luffy also needs glasses.
- And he is so ruthless.
- Somebody accidentally hits him with a HUGE sack.
- Fake!Luffy: YOU WANNA DIE?
- Oh, man, you are so dead.
So this was basically my reaction at different parts of this review:
Nami thanks you for your time.